What are you playing right now?

• That's all, just mention whatever you are playing right now. Nice for people to see what people are up to.

• Just played some AoE2. It's been years, I'm really bad at it now.

• Finally getting around to starting KotOR 2.

• @ScottAlanMiller My very heavily modded copy of Skyrim (about 70GB in Mods).

• That is a LOT of mods!! That's crazy.

• @ScottAlanMiller Sure is :) Looks pretty photo-realistic as well.

• Just finished another game of Civilization: Beyond Earth.

• @ScottAlanMiller Not a great game. Not nearly as good as the original.

• Think I'm gonna start a new game of DA: Origins.

• @ScottAlanMiller said:

Finally getting around to starting KotOR 2.

Ah I love KotOR. KotOR2 was very rushed story-wise. The mechanics were better but the story of the first one was miles ahead of the sequel.

• @Mike-Ralston said:

@ScottAlanMiller My very heavily modded copy of Skyrim (about 70GB in Mods).

The Elder Scrolls series is my favorite of all time. I've played hundreds of hours of Skyrim over the last three years. My first introduction was to TES III: Morrowind. That game defined my adolescent gaming experience. It was the first open world game I'd ever played and it was so expansive for its time. I'm actually replaying it right now. I had always played the vanilla version of the game because I felt it was sinful to mess with the original. This time I gave in and applied the mod set, MSGO and it is impressive. Btw, TES VI: Argonia is coming out in 2016.

• I recently played through Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I love the game mechanics. It has been compared to the Assassins Creed series but I was never a big fan of that franchise. It may be that they took some inspiration in gameplay but they outdid Assassins Creed. The combat controls and animation are so much more natural and smooth. Furthermore, the concept of dominating captains and building an orc army is awesomesauce; that mechanic is the best part of the game. Its story arc is interesting too. I don't care much about the side stories or artifacts much, but this game reveals some interesting details about the forging of the one ring.

The one downside in my opinion is re-playability. It is true that they went to a lot of effort to make the orc captains unique so each playthrough you experience something different. Also encounters are randomly generated and there are challenge modes. But the game wears thin after a while. In the beginning you set elaborate traps, poison the grog, sneakily assassinate guards and pesky archers. But after a while it is unnecessary; with little practice you can charge into a crowd of orcs and slay them all without taking any damage.

In short the game was very well executed, but it is nonetheless a conglomerate of novelties. Once the excitement wears off you realize that there is more polish than depth.

• @thanksaj said:

Think I'm gonna start a new game of DA: Origins.

Which character? Which one(s) have you already played? I've only done a play-through once, it was the elven slave and I'm pretty sure that that will be my favourite. @dominica is on her third play through, I think. She's done one of the dwarves and one of the humans at least. So I got to watch those and know what their stories are like. I love that you can play it at least six times for six very unique experiences.

• @ToastyLint said:

@ScottAlanMiller said:

Finally getting around to starting KotOR 2.

Ah I love KotOR. KotOR2 was very rushed story-wise. The mechanics were better but the story of the first one was miles ahead of the sequel.

That's the general consensus, they did not have the time to finish the game and at the end they rushed to get it out the door for a deadline. Very sad given the history.

I really like KoTOR but there is a kickstarter for KoTOR 3 and I'd prefer if they focused on a similar style game but with their own IP rather than the Star Wars IP. Easier to sell Star Wars but way more freedom (and profit margin) doing something unique.

• @ToastyLint said:

The Elder Scrolls series is my favorite of all time.

How would you compare Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim?

• I'm trying out Saints Row 2 this morning. Never played the original and since it is not on PC, I doubt that I will. But I got this on some crazy sale so figured that I would try it out.

• Wow, my old desktop struggles even with SR2. Definitely time to upgrade. It will play it, but nowhere near the quality that I would like. KoTOR is really pushing it to its limit. It works fine, but you can tell once in a while that you are sitting right at the limits of the machine.

• @ToastyLint Have you checked out SkyWind? It's Morrowind recreated in the Skyrim engine.

• @ScottAlanMiller said:

Wow, my old desktop struggles even with SR2. Definitely time to upgrade. It will play it, but nowhere near the quality that I would like. KoTOR is really pushing it to its limit. It works fine, but you can tell once in a while that you are sitting right at the limits of the machine.

Oh. Yeah, you need an update.

• New Minecraft 1.7 Modpack.

Looks like your connection to GAMRHAUS was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.